Last time we spoke I was in Sydney. Well, truth, I was in Alice, but I haven’t yet gotten around to writing up Alice’s adventures, much less the fabulous opening of Ngaruwanajirri:helping one another at Charles Darwin Uni’s Art Gallery on Wednesday night, or the exhibitions we’ve already visited in Darwin in between seeing the works in this year’s award show. And by now you’ve all heard the news about the winners, so I’ll just do a brief recap via the photographs I took at the Awards presentations last night. Keep it simple. Commentary will follow another time, as we’re off to the opening of the Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair next!
Search the Blog
- In Memoriam aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/12/26/in-… 1 year ago
- Streets of Papunya aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/11/15/str… https://t.co/207bFFxyON 1 year ago
- Margo Smith, AM aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/mar… http://t.co/ATYXJhmSx0 2 years ago
- Lives of the Artist: Patrick Tjungurrayi by John Carty wp.me/puGYZ-1Eb 2 years ago
- Will Stubbs wins ACA Award wp.me/puGYZ-1E9 2 years ago
- The Namatjira Legend Lives On wp.me/puGYZ-1DT 2 years ago
- Desert Mob is Alive and Doing Rather Well wp.me/puGYZ-1Dv 2 years ago
John on Papunya Tula: Yawulyurru Kapal… farmaciakadY on Notes on the Senate Inquiry:… “Doing Somethi… on Invasion Day Rachel Cummins on Revisiting Palm Island Rose on In Memoriam
- Adrian Hyland AGNSW Alexis Wright Alice Springs Alison Anderson Andrew McMillan Arnhem Land Arrernte Auctions Aurukun Austrade Tour Balgo Bangarra Bidyadanga Brian Kennedy Brook Andrew Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Canning Stock Route Crossing Cultures Dartmouth College Desert Mob Dreaming Their Way Elizabeth Povinelli Exhibition Catalogs Exhibitions Fiction Footy Frank Gillen Fred Myers Gapuwiyak GoMA Health Hetti Perkins Hood Museum of Art Howard Morphy Inga Clendinnen Intervention Iwantja Band Jennifer Biddle Jennifer Deger John Carty John Mawurndjul Kintore Kluge-Ruhe Laverty Maningrida Melissa Lucashenko Mornington Island Musée du quai Branly National Museum of Australia NATSIAA NGA NGV Nicolas Rothwell Palm Island Papunya Papunya boards Papunya Tula Photography Pintupi Ramingining Senate Inquiry Stephen Gilchrist Stolen Generations Tiwi Toledo Museum of Art Vivien Johnson Warakurna Warlpiri Warmun Warumpi Band Warwick Thornton Yirrkala Yolngu Yuendumu
Find in an Australian Library
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Earth Works
- Four Short Stories
- Tiwi: Art, History, Culture
- Tjulyuru Regional Arts Centre/Warburton Arts, Warburton, WA
- Personal and Political: Two Perspectives on the Stolen Generations
- Colin Jack-Hinton, 1933-2006
- Murundak Alive!
- Concert on the Esplanade: Nabarlek!
- Barunga Stories
- Bindi Cole and the Sistagirls