Sydney Forum: Aboriginal Art Centres – The Future?
This Friday we take the issues of Art Centres to the eastern seaboard. We are doing this with ANKAAA and with Ku Arts. It is a rare opportunity for us to speak with a united voice about issues central to our industry. Each of our organisations will be represented by Aboriginal leaders and we expect significant media coverage. We expect The Fed Minister, Sen Brandis and Peter Garrett will attend. We have asked them to talk about how their policies at the next election will reflect industry aspirations. Specifically we are expecting to talk about recommendations from the Inquiry concerning funding and infrastructure as well as the issues surrounding CDEP employment.
I am hoping we can draw an audience of about 200 people from public and private galleries, strategic collectors and other supporters.
An invitation is attached and I would be grateful if you would circulate this through your networks and encourage all of your supporters and colleagues to come along.
Search the Blog
- In Memoriam aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/12/26/in-… 1 year ago
- Streets of Papunya aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/11/15/str… https://t.co/207bFFxyON 1 year ago
- Margo Smith, AM aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/mar… http://t.co/ATYXJhmSx0 1 year ago
- Lives of the Artist: Patrick Tjungurrayi by John Carty wp.me/puGYZ-1Eb 2 years ago
- Will Stubbs wins ACA Award wp.me/puGYZ-1E9 2 years ago
- The Namatjira Legend Lives On wp.me/puGYZ-1DT 2 years ago
- Desert Mob is Alive and Doing Rather Well wp.me/puGYZ-1Dv 2 years ago
Nolan on Vivid Histories, Living M… Rose on In Memoriam Geoff Phillips on Colin Jack-Hinton, 1933-2006 Pamela Howard on Colin Jack-Hinton, 1933-2006 Geoff Phillips on Colin Jack-Hinton, 1933-2006
- Adrian Hyland AGNSW Alexis Wright Alice Springs Alison Anderson Andrew McMillan Arnhem Land Arrernte Auctions Aurukun Austrade Tour Balgo Bangarra Bidyadanga Brian Kennedy Brook Andrew Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Canning Stock Route Crossing Cultures Dartmouth College Desert Mob Dreaming Their Way Elizabeth Povinelli Exhibition Catalogs Exhibitions Fiction Footy Frank Gillen Fred Myers Gapuwiyak GoMA Health Hetti Perkins Hood Museum of Art Howard Morphy Inga Clendinnen Intervention Iwantja Band Jennifer Biddle Jennifer Deger John Carty John Mawurndjul Kintore Kluge-Ruhe Laverty Maningrida Melissa Lucashenko Mornington Island Musée du quai Branly National Museum of Australia NATSIAA NGA NGV Nicolas Rothwell Palm Island Papunya Papunya boards Papunya Tula Photography Pintupi Ramingining Senate Inquiry Stephen Gilchrist Stolen Generations Tiwi Toledo Museum of Art Vivien Johnson Warakurna Warlpiri Warmun Warumpi Band Warwick Thornton Yirrkala Yolngu Yuendumu
Find in an Australian Library
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.