Ace photographer and US Art Mob member Wolfgang Schlink has graced us with a set of photographs that capture in a most astonishing manner the colors of many of the community art centres we visited on our trip through the Central Desert, the Top End, and the Kimberley. While I’m engaged with the tail end of another writing project, I want to share this remarkable collage with all of you. I don’t need to say any more: Wolf’s images speak eloquently for themselves and for the artists of Aboriginal Australia.
Search the Blog
- In Memoriam aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/12/26/in-… 1 year ago
- Streets of Papunya aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/11/15/str… https://t.co/207bFFxyON 1 year ago
- Margo Smith, AM aboriginalartandculture.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/mar… http://t.co/ATYXJhmSx0 2 years ago
- Lives of the Artist: Patrick Tjungurrayi by John Carty wp.me/puGYZ-1Eb 2 years ago
- Will Stubbs wins ACA Award wp.me/puGYZ-1E9 2 years ago
- The Namatjira Legend Lives On wp.me/puGYZ-1DT 2 years ago
- Desert Mob is Alive and Doing Rather Well wp.me/puGYZ-1Dv 2 years ago
John on Papunya Tula: Yawulyurru Kapal… farmaciakadY on Notes on the Senate Inquiry:… “Doing Somethi… on Invasion Day Rachel Cummins on Revisiting Palm Island Rose on In Memoriam
- Adrian Hyland AGNSW Alexis Wright Alice Springs Alison Anderson Andrew McMillan Arnhem Land Arrernte Auctions Aurukun Austrade Tour Balgo Bangarra Bidyadanga Brian Kennedy Brook Andrew Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Canning Stock Route Crossing Cultures Dartmouth College Desert Mob Dreaming Their Way Elizabeth Povinelli Exhibition Catalogs Exhibitions Fiction Footy Frank Gillen Fred Myers Gapuwiyak GoMA Health Hetti Perkins Hood Museum of Art Howard Morphy Inga Clendinnen Intervention Iwantja Band Jennifer Biddle Jennifer Deger John Carty John Mawurndjul Kintore Kluge-Ruhe Laverty Maningrida Melissa Lucashenko Mornington Island Musée du quai Branly National Museum of Australia NATSIAA NGA NGV Nicolas Rothwell Palm Island Papunya Papunya boards Papunya Tula Photography Pintupi Ramingining Senate Inquiry Stephen Gilchrist Stolen Generations Tiwi Toledo Museum of Art Vivien Johnson Warakurna Warlpiri Warmun Warumpi Band Warwick Thornton Yirrkala Yolngu Yuendumu
Find in an Australian Library
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Earth Works
- Personal and Political: Two Perspectives on the Stolen Generations
- Four Short Stories
- Tiwi: Art, History, Culture
- Songs of Land and Sea
- Dictionary of Australian Artists Online
- About the blog
- An Interview with Warwick Thornton
- Jilamara Arts, Milikapiti, Melville Island, NT
- Concert on the Esplanade: Nabarlek!